Monday, March 22, 2010

Window to the Past


I've been having 
difficulty 
falling asleep these days.

I start thinking 
about my 
future possibilities.

About tomorrow,
about a month from now,
or even about 5 years from now.
...and I get anxious. 

So when I feel that way,
I try to remember 
the past days.

The thoughts on
future makes me feel 
excited and anxious
but 
the memories of the past days,
the feeling of nostalgia 
makes me feel 
calm inside.

I remember anything.
It could be anything. 
I just pick one thing.

Sad or happy,
it doesn't really matter 
what it is. 

Even the sadness 
becomes something of the past. 
I can't recreate the pain,
which is nice.
I can just remember 
how I was feeling
but it doesn't hurt me anymore.

It's mostly the days 
when I was still in college
that I try to remember.

I try to recreate 
the environment in my mind
and try to remember 
what I was wearing,
what I was thinking,
how it was smelling around me,
who I was walking with
......
...
.



Sometimes, 
I pick one photo 
I've taken
or 
a photo that I am in.

I try to walk through 
the memories 
thorough the photo.

Well, 
I try to use a photo 
as a window to my past 
and try to recreate the environment
further more 
from the clues 
I am give by the photo.


Anyways, 
by the time 
I am actually 'walking'
through past days
(in my mind) 
I am usually asleep. 




I like imagining 
about my future
but I am not necessarily 
good at planning 
my future. 
 

1 comment: