Sunday, October 11, 2009

shimokitazawa



During summer and winter break

when I was back in Japan,

I used to not

tell my old friends that I was back.


I was kind of scared to see
how people would react seeing

how much I had changed.


'Change' meaning that I wasn't 90 lbs anymore.



The truth is that

I like myself right now better

but I wasn't sure if my old friends

felt the same.

I guess, in a way,
while I was struggling with anorexia,


I constantly had this feeling of guilt


that I was lying to my friends and to myself.

I never felt like I showed who I was

or let myself to be who I was.

It's just recently

that I started to accept my past

and tell my friends that I was mentally ill.

I haven't told everybody yet,


but it's not a problem for me anymore,


I can laugh and tell you about

everything that I was going through.



Shimokitazawa is a place where I used to go


almost everyday after high school.

It was my favorite

shopping/wandering around spot.



After not seeing each other for 5 years,

me and my friend from junior high


went out drinking in Shimokitazawa.

We talked about music and art and


about the junior high days


and we both agreed that it was fun time.



I think we're getting old...



We both used to be almost straight-A students

....up until Junior high.

Alas...what had happened.

P.S. 5 days more days.

3 comments:

  1. i like you and how i feel about you as my precious friend has never changed or even more appreciated that we can still see and talk, laugh n have good time.
    thank you for having me seeing you again. and i am "berry" happy for you that you are happy with yourself now. that's what's the most important.

    see you on 27th ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yoshi, what kind of camera are you using? I use a HiDef Kodak EasyShare Z1012 IS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wfJMgItA_w
    Pat Metheny and Friends - This Masquerade Part 1 & 2.

    Your writing and photos inspire me to pick up my camera again. Say hello to Evan for me.

    ReplyDelete