Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's always Sunny after a Storm



A hurricane has passed Tokyo

over the night

so the sky today was

just so gorgeous.

Not only that but it was really warm

compared to the cold and wet yesterday.

Evan and I went to pick up our

Thai visas...

and here they are!

Tada!


After picking up the visas,

we were planning on going to see

a museum exhibit on Art Nouveau

but reckless somebody (me) couldn't find

the tickets we bought.

So instead, we decided to go to

the Japanese Folk Crafts Museum(日本民藝館)

in Komaba.

It was nice that I got to walk around my high school.

The museum was really nice.

Some of the things, from Edo period and older,

weren't even in a glass case

and that definitely made those things speak to you differently.

It's not about being able to touch or anything

(though I could have, if I wanted to be scolded)

but it made everything feel a lot closer and real.


After spending some time at the museum

we walked to Shimokitazawa.



I love going to Shimokitazawa

on the week days when most people are at work.

It's such a relaxing place

and I hope it keeps its place that way

...though I could feel that it has changed a lot

compared to my high school days.





We had dinner with Wakana.

She took us to this really fun Showa-period-themed place.

The food was good and I LOVED the decor.

The music was lovely too.

Thanks thanks thanks

so so so

much

WAKANA!!!!

...for taking us there.

(You really better come visit us in Thailand.)


I found a magic star in my cocktail.

Yipeeee.



Wakana looks like a super woman

...I mean, she is.




Evan Alexander-GIZMO Gilman.


P.S.

After looking through pretty much everything

I did find the tickets to the museum,

so don't you worry.

sheeesh, I better watch out though,

I'm way too reckless.

(I found it in a trash can.)




2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures. The cat looks like my first cat, Archibald. Evan used to call him "Archie Waggenham". I don't know why--ask him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cat was soooo uninterested in us though...
    I hope Archie was a friendly one.

    ReplyDelete