Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Laos Trip


Laos was a little bit sentimental place.

I don't know if 'sentimental' is the right word.

It's not like the people there

seemed unhappy,

but I felt like there was

something unfulfilled.

It seemed like the country had

so much more potential to

be happier.

Of course I have only seen

VienTiane

but that is the impression I got.




A cow staring at Mekong river

that has no water anymore.



I wonder what they

are doing with the river.

I hope they are planning on bringing back

the water into the river.



A striking view of a sunset

at Mekong river.

It didn't make me happy

like the one I saw at Koh Chang, though.


************************************

I sure didn't feel like

I would be able to live in

VienTiane but

the place did have its own charm.

The people there were really nice,

and their smiles felt real.

I really liked how people there

(especially tuk-tuk drivers)

don't pester you.

The food was good,

especially I was happy

I got to have bunch of sandwiches.




The first thing

starving Evan & Yoshi had....

**********************************

Nappy collection.


「邪魔しないでよね。」


サンドウィッチ屋さんの
看板犬も、昼寝。


後ろのミニーとキティが
ちょっと危ない感じ。


おじちゃんだって、 眠くなるよね。

********************************************




A little bit moldy hotel

we stayed at.

************************************


ちょっと怖い…
this temple was full of
lion things.

***********************************



リラックスしすぎだよね(笑)。


足ふぇち。


******************************************

The trip was a lot of fun.

We took 12-hours freezer-cold

bus ride,

We got ripped off a little,

we had many sandwiches,

we walked until our legs felt sore,

I ordered White Russian and

what I got was Margarita (...why? and how?)

etc etc...


It was a lot of fun,

but I am glad to be back in Chiang Mai.



But *sigh*

on the bus back from

Udon Thani,

something went wrong

and now I am sick....again.

(I feel like I am saying

that I am sick all the time....)

I guess I am lucky though,

since I didn't get sick in Laos.


P.S.

Oh yes, the main reason we went

to Laos was to get the visa.

It ended up being a success.


1 comment:

  1. MJ is saying on Bob's laptop: O Yoshi, your tummy! I am using mental concentration to rid you of painful things!!

    Deep fried toast? Looks delicious to a bread-starved person.

    That cat is in love with your foot, I think. Its smile tells all. Hugs from MJ

    ReplyDelete