Thursday, January 28, 2010

Good bye JJ




Yesterday, the owner of Jid-joy

told Evan and I that she died.


Sad but glad.


Jid-joy doesn't have to deal with the pain

on her leg any more.


I kind of knew she was going to die soon.

I just didn't want to say.


She was being very very active.

I would go say hi to her like I always did,

and she would be walking around,

or she would be looking outside.


I just kind of felt this

last bit of her energy that she was

trying to use up before she goes.



I wonder what she was seeing outside?

It's a little bit sad that

I don't get to say hi to her

before Evan and I go on a bike ride.



Rest in Peace JJ.




I guess it is a little bit weird
writing about JJ's death and food on a same blog
but I guess I will....



These is this noodle dish called

Kao-soi

in Chiang Mai.



The base is yellow curry soup

and it has egg noodles,

and on top of that, it comes with crunchy noodles

It usually comes with pickles nappa-cabbage,

onions, and limes.

I usually add some sugar in it.

(I was skeptical at first

but I decided to give it a try,

and oh my,

it made it even tastier.)



Visiting new kao-soi places is

Something Evan and I have been doing lately.

(Oh no, we are doing it for you

so you can have the best one

when you come to Chiang Mai!)



Anyways, I just wanted to write about

the place we went yesterday

because the restaurant was cute.



There are many places

that use old sewing machines for a table

but it was my first time seeing

an actual sewing machine still being attached

to it.

I really love the idea,

and I might do the same thing

when I get an old sewing machine.

Old sewing machines' designs are

so beautiful.....





Well, tonight we leave for Laos.

Wish us some luck.



No comments:

Post a Comment