Saturday, January 23, 2010

Wat Ton Kwaen and dance




She is a grandma dog that lives


on the ground floor


of my apartment.


She is really really old


and sick. (She was tumor on her leg...)


She is worried and scared


but slowly, she is getting used to me.


I hope I get to touch her one of these days.

******************************************


On Saturday I went to see


a contemporary dance performance.


At first I was a little hesitant


since I have never been too fond of


contemporary dance.


It's something that I never got into....


Though since it's not like


I had things to do,


and since I thought it would be good


for me to get out of my comfort zone,


I decided to go.



I didn't know at first but


the performance took place at an old temple.


It was a beautiful Lanna style temple.





The theme of the production was


'spirit and voice of nature'


One thing I really appreciated about the performance


was that I could feel what they were


going for.



The contemporary dance productions


I've seen so far


(though of course since I don't really

go for contemporary dances,

it's not like I have seen many)


made me say


'I don't get it, nor feel it.'


They made me wonder why


so many of contemporary performances have


to rely on abstractness.



However,
Waewdao Sirisook and


Ronnarong Khampha's


production didn't leave me with


that kind of feeling.


It was contemporary


but it didn't leave me with


any uncomfortable feeling


like I am being left in the middle of


a huge swinging swing.



Oh, and the music was absolutely gorgeous.


They used traditional instruments in


probably traditional ways


but it wss, in a way,


rocking. Hehe.


I really really loved it.



Anyways, I am very glad I went.







...the sky was beautiful.





1 comment:

  1. i have a friend who just got back from visiting Chiang Mai and she loved it! you're photos are VERY VERY beatiful and i love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete