Monday, February 15, 2010

Road Trip


Last night Matt, Evan and I
got back from our 
aprox. 20 hours motorcycle trip.



Well, all I got to say is

my BUTT HURT

...and it still hurts.


...and what I will advice you is

bring a butt pillow 

when you go on a motorcycle trip,

also a pair of sunglasses, 

and a scarf to wrap around your 

nose and mouth.



It was ridiculously long 

and painful 

but once it's over, 

it's just another good memory.



The purpose of the trip was 

to go to the boarder 

of Burma and Thailand 

so Matt could extend his stay here

in Thailand.

We saw cool stuff on the road

and 
we met good people. 

Oh and we almost got hit by a 

flying/falling squierrel

which wouldn't have been 

funny if it had died.

But Matt saw it running off 

once it hit the ground, 

so yes, 

it was funny.




Of course I knew somewhere 

in my mind 

that in country side,

people live a simple life. 

Though understanding only in your mind

and 

actually seeing 

is very different.

It made me wonder, 

what people talk about

when they see the same people 

every day,

and when they do almost 

the same things everyday. 


Seeing different ways of life,

it really makes me wonder 

what happiness is. 



 

  

The beautiful village we saw 

near the border. 

It said it's a Burmese people's 

temporary shelter. 


It almost looked like 
a village of elves or something. 
I don't know how the people there
feel about their lifestyles,
but the way the houses blended 
 in with the mountains and sky
was absolutely gorgeous....
I hope they get to go back to their 
 
own country though.
 I was expecting to take 

many more photos 

but unfortunately 

the roads were really not 

photogenic (in my sense).
It seemed like people burn the mountain
to get rid of unwanted weeds

so the mountain looked 

sad and depressing. 



At least the places we stopped 

at were peaceful and nice.

Well, time for me to work more! 

Ciao.

1 comment:

  1. I think I know what people in small towns the world over do for entertainment--they talk about each other!

    ReplyDelete