Thursday, June 17, 2010

The LIST


Here comes the 
BOOK LIST!
(10/01/09-6/17/10)

1.Alchemist 
Paulo Coelho 

This is a book 
I read when I feel 
lost or sad.
Also one of the best 
books to read 
when traveling.



2.Bad Blood 
Lorna Sage 

3.Sex Slaves 
(Just so you know, 
it is a book that talks 
about the human trafficking 
in SE Asia. 
To be honest, I was disappointed in 
how narrow-minded
the author was. 
And some of the things 
she wrote were 
just wrong.....
Though, I also have to say、
There were things I didn't know 
and were very interesting 
and good to know.)


4. Vintage Murakami
Murakami Haruki



5.カンボジア 僕の戦場日記
後藤勝
6.Tangent 
Greg Bear
(My sci-fi debut) 




7.Alchemist 
Paulo Coehlo
(This was the fourth time 
reading this book.)


8.もし僕らのことばがウイスキーで
あったなら
村上春樹


9. 国境の南、太陽の西/
South of the Boarder 
West of the Sun
村上春樹
 (4,8,9,10,13 are all
Haruki Murakami. 
I like reading his books 
in both English and in Japanese.)


10.アフター・ダーク/after dark
村上春樹



11.強運の持ち主
瀬尾まい子
(なんとなく、幸せな気分になる本)




12.South East Asia
JM Barwise and NJ White 
(My attempt in learning 
more about SE Asian history.
Very well written for how 
much info they put in.)

13.風の歌を聴け
村上春樹


14.KEEPER/キーパー
Greg Rucka
古沢嘉通訳
(Here comes the hard-boiled literature.
I love his series.)


15.メモリとヴィジョン
西脇順三郎
(I just loved this author's way 
of stinging words together.
Very quiet and very beautiful.)


16.遠い海から来たCoo
景山民夫
(A boy's adventure with 
a dinosaur baby. 
Surprisingly it was 
believable and gripping.)


17.Les Iles/孤島
Jean Grenier
井上究一郎 訳




18.Finder/奪回者
Greg Rucka
吉沢嘉通 訳


19.Shooting at Midnight/耽溺者
Greg Rucka 
吉沢嘉通 訳


20. A drink before the war/
スコッチに涙を託して
Dennis Lahane 
鎌田三平 訳

21.Darkness, take my hand/
闇よ、我が手を取りたまえ
Dennis Lahane 
鎌田三平 訳


22. Sacred /穢れし者に祝福を
Dennis Lahane
鎌田三平 訳


23.マイペンライ 
荘司和子



24.テロリストのパラソル
藤原伊織


25. エヴァの日記
Eva Forest
小中陽太郎 訳
(A book that lifts up 
my spirit and 
makes me think about 
the world around me.)



 
26.胸の香り
宮元輝


27.すいかの匂い
江國香織
28.アメリカ居すわり一人旅
群ようこ
29.十八歳、海へ
中上健次


30.真夏の犬
宮元輝


31.スローグッドバイ
石田衣良
(読み終わると、素敵な
恋をしたいな…と思える本)



ちなみに、このゾウたちは
今から日本へ持って帰る
お土産たち。

ゾウなんて、すごいありきたりな
タイ土産だけど、
あまりの可愛さに、
15匹買っちゃったよ。
先着、15名サマに♪

I couldn't resist
these cutie-pies.
 
The photo was taken 
after I bought the first 9
and then I went back 
to the store 
again today and 
got trapped by their 
smiles.

Now I have 15 elephants.

Souvenir from me to you.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great pix, Yoshi. As always very excellent.

    ReplyDelete