Friday, June 25, 2010

The last couple of days...


After +30 hours of 
being in airports
and sleeping at an airport
and being on airplanes 
I am, at last, back
in Tokyo. 

Thank you from me 
to Chiang Mai and 
all the beautiful people 
and time I have spent,
this is my last post 
on Chiang Mai.



kao soi. 
Yum yum.
It used to upset my stomach.
(It is pretty spicy) 

Not anymore, though.
My stomach is 
tough like a soldier now. 
(I think)



The first temple 
I entered in 
Chiang Mai. 

I always loved the 
peacock 
ornament on it.



Beautiful sunset. 


Isn't the box 
too big 
for how little 
chocolate I get??



Our sweet little 
Gina.







Baby Chihuahuas 
trying to open a bag 
of dog food
on a pile of 
dog food.




A hotel we stayed 
during the last 
few nights.

CHIANG MAI GATE HOTEL

I really recommend 
this place.


The location is nice,
 very close to 
the South Market 
which is one of the 
liveliest markets 
in Chiang Mai. 


People are 
fun and kind too. 








Banana trees outside 
the window.






Oasis spa 

A reward for correcting 
and updating a map 
of Chiang Mai.


We had Lanna course. 


Thai massage 
+
hot compress 
+
oil massage 


total of 2 hours. 
It was a great treat before 
the long journey.














a huge bowl 
of tofu 
at our favorite 
pad-thai store.






a view from 
our favorite 
curry puff shop.



I don't know 
how to describe 
my feeling right now. 

Weird to think 
that I am back. 

I am back 
to a place 
I grew up 
but that is not to say 
that I am back 
to the place 
where I used to stand. 



It's a weird feeling.

Keep on moving, 
take a step forward, me.

2 comments:

  1. This is by far the most beautiful post you have done.

    Remember that you are a different person from moment to moment. Each moment is a new world to discover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yoshiko, i love your posts here. your pictures are so rich, and your perspective so graceful. bests, emmy

    ReplyDelete