Friday, April 2, 2010

the Straight Story

It's been rare 
not to watch a film or two 
these days.
(...or Planet Earth or X-Files) 
   
Sadly,
we have neither 
pizzas nor pop corns 
but, instead 
we eat seaweeds.
Mm, I miss microwavable 
pop corns. 

Anyways, 
among all the films 
I've watched recently,
these are two films 
I really liked...



Boy, don't I love 
David Lynch films...

If you have seen 
his films,
you will be surprised 
how different 
this film is compared 
to all the others he created.

 All I will say is,
it's a beautiful story.

It gives you hope. 

It's something 
I would like to watch again 
when 
I am in my 
60s or 70s. 



Here is another story 
about an old man. 

Kind of interesting 
I happened to watch 2 films 
about older men in a row.

They are different 
but they are a little bit alike.

Both movies, 
the Straight story 
and 
Gran Torino
are about
a man,
a man who is old and
who is stubborn.

Both men in the film
have a regret or a bitter feeling
about the past 
and they try to 
compensate 
before it's too late.


I don't think 
I am going to write any 
further 
about the films
because I am not 
very good at 
commenting on films!

Anyways, 
I recommend these 
two films.


Very beautiful...













2 comments: