Saturday, April 17, 2010

Songkran


I think this is the most 
hilarious 
festival I have ever 
participated.


A bucket full of water, 
squirt guns, 
hose...

If you see one of these, 
watch out.

People are gong to 
run up to you and 
soak you wet. 

I wish I could have taken 
more photos but 
I wasn't ready to 
sacrifice my camera
at the festival.

So this is the only 
proof 
I was at the festival.

A guy ran up to Evan and I 
and poured a bucket full of water 
PLUS
smeared 
white powder thing 
on our face.





I don't think 
I have ever 
been to a festival 
where kids and adults 
are allowed to 
have fun in 
the same way.
It was fun 
seeing 
kids make a huge grin 
with triumph 
after throwing water at us.


A week long festival is 
LONG though.
I had enough 
and I am glad 
I get to walk around 
outside without 
worrying about being 
splashed with water.


This festival made me 
want to say 

'I like Thai people!'


 Speaking of 
'I like Thai people' 


This is a man 
who makes 
very tasty cafe yen 
(Thai iced coffee)
and I really like his smile. 
Hehe.
 
 
 ...and his coffee 
is only 
30 cents
...or 30 yen ish.
Not to do:
Look at calendar 
...because it only 
freaks me out.
To do: 
Do my best 
every day.
Enjoy every day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment