Monday, June 29, 2009

It's okay





I realized there are things


that time can't heal.


I realized,


I just need to live with it.


It doesn't matter,


what you tell me,


or what people tell me.


The little thorn that pricks my heart


doesn't seem to go away,


because we can't repaint our past.


It feels like


a heavy stone falling on my stomach,


and it makes me feel like I'm sinking


into the dark.


I know I just have to understand:


past is past


present is present


some things can't be repainted over,


because even if I try


the old paint will find its way


to bleed out above the new paint.


...But maybe


in the future


if I am brave enough


I will overcome my fear


and say that the pain is nothing


and maybe I can just lift up that heavy stone


and throw it into the dark I was sinking.


I don't have to NOT feel the pain


of the past,


but I just need to be okay with the past


and say that


past is the past


and past is what made today.


No comments:

Post a Comment