Saturday, June 20, 2009

Death






You might think I'm weird,


I think about death very often,


or maybe it's more like


the word "death" is always somewhere in my mind somewhere.


No, not like a suicidal thought.


Though somewhere in my mind, there's me quietly saying


"what if I die now,

at this moment,

at this place."


Maybe it's my fascination in life.


Somewhere in the world,


at this moment


there are new lives, their brand new histories


that are to begin.


At the same moment,


countless stories are closing their last chapter.


I've begun to think more about these things


ever since the tragic incident of my coworker.


...and my mind drifted away again today


after I saw a video of a girl who got shot


while standing at a side walk with her father


to see the protest that was going on.


She died in less than 2 minutes after she got shot.



Her possible story,


her possible history,


it's all gone and done.


Besides people's memories of her,



everything is going to stop living.



I imagine a book with half the book blank.



So many stories could have been written there,



and how sad people can take that away from others.



I am not an activist,



and I don't think I will wear a peace sign or anything...



but today,


for some reason


I found myself


sincerely wishing for


a world


where everybody could finish their stories happily.




1 comment:

  1. Ok, Chiko..
    why, a bullet, a gun , a missile..its symbolized a unhappy death...
    ..
    why,..we re all over the world never try to make a happy ending life,for everyone.., with a stop sarcastic accident,..war,..people bleeding..?

    a peace is a right, for everyone on this earth..
    ....
    btw,..talk about a death..?
    do you believe in a "reinkarnation".?.he..he
    Chiko,..what do you want to be,..if God give you a 2nd life..??..he..

    ReplyDelete