Sunday, May 9, 2010

25 years ago...


This day
in 1985 
I was born in
Tokyo, Japan.


I had a huge belly button
and I was so embarrassed 
as a child.

I never liked showing 
my stomach 
because of that.

Now, 
my belly button
no longer looks
like a button.


25 years 
can change a lot of things
but there are 
also so many things 
that don't change 
no matter how many years pass.

*************************************


A few years ago
on my birthday,
I started to think
that 
a birthday is a day 
I ought to say


thank you 

to parents 
to my sisters
 to my relatives
and friends and 
everybody 
who touched my life.


So, 
thank you so much.


If it wasn't 
for all of you,
I wouldn't have been here.

I adore every bits 
of my life.
Even the ones
that were a little bit 
painful back then.





I have been thinking
about the word 
'respect.'

That is my big goal 
of this year and forever.



To live 
a life that I can respect.

To meet 
many people, 
to see
many things 
that inspire me 
to go up up higher.

2 comments:

  1. Yoshi, Happy Birthday from Montana.
    You are wise beyond your years, and so talented; I feel grateful to have met you online.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Yoshi !!!!!!!!
    What you say is inspiring and beautifully said.
    I agree with Anne-Laurie you are talented...
    Keep on exercising your talents ;)

    ReplyDelete