Friday, December 18, 2009

Purple Pearl


I have been reading a lot

(compare to how I was before)

I don't think I've enjoyed reading this much

when I was in college.

I think my brain is craving stimulus

and knowledge

and since I am not in school anymore,

I guess I naturally pick up some books to

satisfy the craving.


The sad thing is,

books in Thailand are so expensive.

tsk tsk.



Another thing that I've been enjoying:

to create things with bottles and wires

and other random things that inspire me.

Right now, I am mainly making

wall-hanging bases for plants

but I think I need to think of other things

since our hanging space is so limited.

Or, if I become good enough

maybe I can start a business.

How about 20 baht for each base?

(...that is about 80 cents)



So guess who came to visit us in Chiang Mai?





tada.

(... Leonardo!)


and more tada.

(...April!!)

...and I also got to meet her older brother too.

Really, really

such a good timing.

I wish both of you could stay longer

but I won't complain.

I got to see you.



On the way to Doi Suthep.



I think Chiang Mai needs to rain,

or I need to go to Doi Suthep

once a week to have fresh air....




I have been also enjoying growing greens

and veggies.

(....no harvest yet.)

And me enjoying gardenless-gardening is

a good excuse for me to have fresh coconut treat

since the shell of a coconut is

a perfect pot for plants.



I am growing a ring...

well, not really

but have you ever seen the seeds of cilantro?

Yes, the pearly purple beads are the seeds.

Aren't they pretty?

I think that was my favorite discovery of the day,


Another surprise was that

the beaded ring Leonardo brought back for me

from Indonesia had the same color as the seed.

It made me smile.






I can't wait to have fresh cilantro.

I'm crossing my fingers though,

since I don't have a green thumb.


We are also growing bird peppers.

If they grow well,

they are supposed to look like

colorful birds.



....and also some Holly Basil.

(I know I spelled "Holly Bazil" on the tag.)



...Okay, this place is closing down

so I will say bye for now.

1 comment:

  1. I had no idea cilantro seeds look like that! What a nice discovery. Good luck with your garden : )

    ReplyDelete