Saturday, November 28, 2009

Film Camera



Lately I've been trying to learn
more about a manual camera.
During my high achool days,

I did have a phase when I used a film camera.
It's not like I had any knowledge on a film camera,

I just liked how unexpected
the images could turn out,
and I wasn't really interested in learning the techniques
or technical terms
because I thought it was more fun

to just taking whatever I wanted to take,
and wait for unexpected images to appear.
Now I'm back to films again.

But this time,
I think I do want to learn some more in depth.
These photos are from the first rolls I've taken
with my Olympus XA.



Most of the photos were out of focus
but some of them, I can be proud of.

...and some of them
I like it regardless of the out-of-focusness.

(Sometimes, it's just the feeling that counts.)

A bridge that I miss.

A brunch on a rainy day with Evan at Senor Moose.
The last brunch at Seattle couldn't be any more perfect.



Though I've only lived here for a month
it's my favorite place I've lived in Seattle.




....and hello,

Thailand.

A little heaven we found.

Using a digital camera sometimes make me feel dishonest.

I feel a little better because I stopped using

automatic mode though.

I've been thinking what photographs are

to me, and for me.

I don't think I am going to talk about that here today

but maybe,

some other time.

P.S. Thank you Evan

for helping me learn about camera.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, I'm looking forward to seeing more film shots from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to paint that photo with the porthole in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. >Urbansearch
    Thank you for stopping by :)

    >MJ
    Pleae do!!!

    ReplyDelete